Friday, December 29, 2006

THANKSGIVING

So I know that Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks for all you have, and in some instances, things you don't have. But I like to reflect on my blessings at the VERY end of the year. So here goes...

I am thankful for socks, spell check, and body loofas. And for not having to use an outhouse in the middle of winter - or any other time of the year for that matter. For Old Navy flip flops. For IPOD. For NPR podcasts. For my portable heater. I am thankful for those little colored Post-it note flags and that Target now carries my favorite spiral notebooks. I am thankful for my mother's boundless energy and my father's linear thinking. For my Lobster and the way after almost 9 years he still makes me laugh. And for his hugs. For scalding hot coffee that I never actually finish but keeps my hands warm and for Robin who will brew a fresh pot for me when she sees me walking into the cafeteria. For 100 Calorie Packs and ice-cold Riesling. I am thankful for the bus driver that doesn't pretend that he doesn't see me when I'm running to catch the bus in the morning. For people in my life who unknowingly remind me not to take life too seriously. For love. Lots and lots of love! I am thankful that my bubble is getting smaller and for Max. For date nights, Lost nights and for the hostest with the mostest. That I am never too far from a Taco Bell. For Grey's Anatomy and DVR and complete season DVDs. I am thankful that my bad days can be fixed with some chocolate, a fountain coke, and a hot shower. That spring is not too far around the corner. I am thankful that if 2006 is indicative of what is possible in the span of just 12 months, then 2007 has endless possibilities.

roshbosh

No comments: