Friday, December 01, 2006

Juicy's Juice is Juicy. Sort of.

I was smitten when I first saw this bottle for Juicy Couture. It's nice and heavy; the weight of the bottle feels just right in the palm of your hand. And the charms around the neck are, well, charming. The stuff inside the bottle isn't that bad either...

At first whiff it reminded me of a younger version of Vera Wang's eponymous fragrance - similar to what Coco Mademoiselle is to Coco. A fun and playful version of the sophisticated Vera. The juice is very sweet out of the bottle - top notes of melon and apple (the description also includes marigold, water hyacinth, and crushed leaves but my nose isn't that good). Then you get nice warm roses with a nudge of musk. The dry down is supposed to give you vanilla creme brulee with wood and patchouli but the scent doesn't last that long on me!

This scent is a great winter-spring scent - it would turn in the summer sun but smell great on winter sweaters wear after wear. I would have to use it liberally on my skin and clothes for it to stick - maybe even layer with the scented cream and powder.

I give it 2 1/2 lipsticks out of 5. It's not "oh my god I smell so good I'd jump myself" incredible but a good first attempt for Juicy Couture (now owned by Liz Claiborne) - a brand that is trying very hard to become a lifestyle brand but then again, who isn't these days?

lipstick kisses!

roshbosh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a new owner of the new Juicy perfum and am loving it!