Sunday, December 31, 2006

FINALLY! SOME PRODUCT!

I came across this CoverGirl Volume Exact Mascara during an "oh my God Christmas is 2 days away and I have nothing!" excursion to Target the other night. The brush caught my eye but I'm sad to say I am not impressed. I really, really wanted to like it!

The brush is different from the run-of-mill brush (they're usually made from nylon bristles) in that it's made from a rubber polymer and CoverGirl has made a smart move by packaging the mascara so you see the brush (Max Factor has done the same - their brush is a pretty Freon green). But it just doesn't deliver. I bought the Volume Exact Mascara which promises definition AND volume. I got the definition but I don't gots the volume.

I don't think you can get volume - not matter what the brand is - with a brush like this. This brush does a great job of separating and lengthening but you need a bottle-cleaner type brush to really get volume.

I think this mascara would work GREAT! in combination with L'oreal's Voluminous mascara - it's got a great brush - since I get the volume there but not necessarily the length.

lipstick kisses!

roshbosh

No comments: