Thursday, August 12, 2010

Turns out, milk DOES NOT do a body good...

At least it doesn't do my body good.

After a LOT of potions and lotions and PILLS, it turns out that my cystic acne wasn't being caused by the wrong products or stress.  Milk was the culprit!

I had read little bits here and there about the cystic acne-dairy connection but it wasn't until I read it on ReneeRouleau.com that I decided going milk-free was something worth trying. So on March 3rd I declared myself "milk free" and I almost immediately saw a difference - the redness and swelling started to disappear almost as quickly as it had appeared.  It's been over 5 months and the acne isn't totally gone, but I also didn't go "dairy free" - just milk free.  For a lot of sufferers it can be the quantity of milk and dairy that is consumed so a lot of the challenge now is finding that balance where I  can still enjoy cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, and keep my skin happy.   

In the mean time though, I am resolved to re-commit myself to this blog.  Dealing with the acne had become such an issue for me that trying new products and telling and teaching people about them wasn't enjoyable anymore.  The anxiousness and embarrassment had become too much and my confidence in what I had to say and share was being thwarted by something I so badly wanted to overcome but didn't know how.  But there's light at the end of the tunnel now and it feels so good to be back writing and teaching and sharing.

My goal is to have 3-4 posts a week so if you're reading this, please come back for another visit!  I've got a great list of products that I can't wait to share with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi RoshBosh,

I love your blog! I've struggled with adult acne recently, and it has gotten worse, especially on my chin, cheeks and jawline. It is immensely frustrating, and I have been reading about the milk/dairy acne link, and want to give it a try. Have you continued to see improvement in your skin since going milk-free? Thanks!!